PV-Systems exposed to extreme weather and environmental conditions like street lights, navigation buoys, etc., have increased risk for damage in the power electronics. In order to assure reliable battery charge control under such conditions, Phocos developed the CIS encapsulated charge controller to prevent corrosion.
The Phocos CIS is an industrial-grade charge controller that is suitable for all practical PV applications. The The Phocos CIS is a high-quality, 4-stage PWM-charging is combined with features such as: low-voltage disconnect, flexible load timer functions, and a multi-LED system status display.
The Phocos CIS charge controller features a dual load timer to independently control two loads. The CIS has no moving parts, switches or buttons. Settings such as battery type, deep discharge thresholds, timers, etc. are made quickly and easily via infrared remote control accessory.
All devices are connected to the controller by supplied lead wires rather than wire terminals. This feature eliminates the risk of damage from external elements like corrosion, dust, water, bugs, chemicals, physical shock, where components make electrical contact to the controller.
The extremely compact aluminum housing even allows for mounting CIS inside street light poles. CIS was developed in accordance with well-established Phocos standards incorporating the latest technology, highest-quality and best possible cost/performance ratio.
- Phocos model: CIS-2L 10 / CIS-N-10-2L
- System voltage: 12/24 Volt DC auto recognition
- Max. charge current: 10 Amp
- Float charge: 13.8/27.6 V (25 °C)
- Main charge: 14.4/28.8 V (25 °C), 30 min. (daily)
- Boost charge: 14.4/28.8 V (25 °C), 2 h
- Equalization: 14.8/29.6 V (25 °C), 2 Std. activation: battery voltage <12.1/24.2 V (at least every 30 days)
- Low voltage disconnect: 11 – 12 V / 22 – 24 V
- Max solar panel voltage: 55 Volts
- Grounding: Positive / N models are negative grounding
- Operating temperature: −40 to +60 °C
- Battery type: lead acid (GEL, AGM, flooded)
NOTE: The default model of this solar charge controller is for positive grounded solar systems. This charge controller can be ordered for Negative grounded solar systems. Look for the N in the model number for the negative grounding model.