Let us help you with your solar energy project!
Contact us for assistance with equipment selection and system design or visit the shop to benefit from our wholesale prices and flat shipping rates.
Cover: 7.2kW PV system installed by Jim Bryant in Moab, Utah.
Welcome to our online store
Find all the components you would need for residential, commercial, and industrial solar systems.
Can’t find it? Let us know, and we will find it for you.
Sales & Orders: 844-733-9326
Are you new to solar?
You will need more than solar panels for your project. We have helped hundreds of customers with their selection of inverters, charge controller, cables, breakers, enclosures, racking systems, and energy storage.
What are you looking for?
Tech Support: 844-763-9326
What our customers say
Flat shipping rates across the US and free shipping on qualifying orders.
Tell us about your project, we offer full system discounts and volume pricing.
Grid-Tie Solar Systems
Are you looking at getting solar panels for your home?
We carry PV panels, roof (or ground) mounting systems, cables, circuit protection, inverters, optimizers, and everything you need for a complete residential solar system.
Off-Grid Complete Systems
Do you need power where there is no access to the grid?
A solar off-grid system might be your most viable power source. Pair the solar panels with a wind turbine or a fuel generator for additional energy. We offer a full range of power storage solutions and off-grid systems.
Complete Solar Systems
In addition to the products in this store, we offer complete solar systems. We call them BOXED systems. They include everything that you will need for a professional installation. Our comprehensive residential PV systems even come with a set of drawings to aid you with the permitting process.
” I have finished my install. Thanks again for all the help on this project! ”
~ David Hale
9.15kW PV System installed by David in Kaysville, Utah
Navigate the Shop
Solar (photovoltaic) Panels
The solar cells in a low voltage panel are configured in a way that the output will be nominal 12 or 24 Volts DC. They are used in simple battery charging applications to keep the voltage constant across the system. These panels are available in sizes ranging from 5W to 190W. See 12V and 24V solar panels.
Large format panels are made with 60, 72, or 96 solar cells. The output voltage of these panels varies but tends to be higher than 40 Volts DC. These panels are preferred in multiple applications, from residential and commercial systems to large power plants. See our solar panel selection guide.
Solar Power Electronics: Inverters and Charge Controllers
The power from the solar panels is not stable, and for practical purposes, it can’t be used as-is. An electronic device is required to harness solar power and convert it into useful energy. Systems that are interconnected to the grid use an inverter that converts the DC power from the panels into AC power compatible with the electric grid. When the solar power is used to charge batteries, a charge controller is needed between the panels and the batteries to protect the batteries from overcharging.
Off-grid systems can be fully configured in DC current, therefore not needing an inverter. The inverters used in off-grid systems convert the DC energy stored in the batteries into AC power to operate standard appliances. The output of a DC/AC inverter is equivalent to power in a home outlet (120VAC) or the power coming from the utility grid (240VAC).
- Magnum Energy Single Power Center with MS4448PAE Inverter$2,900.00
- Enphase Energy IQ7PLUS-72-2-US Microinverter$141.00
- SolarEdge HD-Wave SetApp SE7600H-US 7600W Inverter$1,710.00
- SMA Sunny Boy 7700W Inverter SB7.7-1SP-US-41$1,410.00
- Schneider Conext XW+5548 NA Inverter/Charger$2,939.00
- Magnum Energy PT-100 MPPT Charge Controller 100Amps$883.00
- Midnite Classic 150 MPPT Charge Controller$630.00
- Morningstar TriStar TS-MPPT-60 Charge Controller$598.00
Batteries and Energy Storage
The batteries used in renewable energy systems are known as deep cycle batteries. Even with new technologies, lead-acid batteries are widely used in renewable energy systems. Deep cycle batteries come in two presentations: flooded and valve-regulated (VRLA). VRLA batteries are also known as maintenance-free; the two most common types of VRLA batteries are gel and glass-mat (AGM).
Battery banks can be configured at any desired voltage. However, it is rare to see a bank with a nominal voltage other than 12V, 24V, or 48V. As a rule of thumb, portable and mobile systems are 12V. Recent RVs, boats, and custom vans are wired at 24V. 48V is the default voltage for medium and large power applications.
- Surrette Rolls S6 L16-SC (S-605) 487Ah, 6V Deep Cycle Battery$363.00
- SimpliPhi Power PHI 3.5 kWh LPF Battery 48V
- MK Battery 8G22NF-DEKA 58Ah, 12V Gel Deep Cycle Battery
- Fullriver DC400-6 Deep Cycle AGM Battery – 6V, 400Ah$583.00
- Midnite Solar MNBE-D Battery Indoor Enclosure – Locking Door$612.00
- Battery Interconnect Cable 2/0 with 3/8″ Terminals – Red or Black$12.00 – $70.00
- MidNite Solar MNBCM Battery Capacity Meter$60.00
- Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah, 6V Deep Cycle Battery$366.00
Wind and Other Power Sources
Solar is the most common renewable energy source; however, in specific locations, it makes sense to add other sources such as wind and hydropower. Wind power has the advantage that it is not limited to daily cycles, and it tends to be available when the sun is not. For example, wind can be harnessed at night or on stormy days, making it an ideal complement to solar for stand-alone systems in remote locations.
Balance of Systems (BOS)
As you can imagine, there are other components needed to operate a renewable energy system safely. For circuit protection, think of breakers, fuses, cables, connectors, surge protectors, boxes, and electrical enclosures. For the installation, you might require a racking system to mount the solar panels or a combiner box for the PV circuits.
- Midnite Solar MNSW-SLIDER-50 AC By-Pass Kit$135.00
- Magnum Energy MPXS175-30D Panel Extension Box$290.00
- Square D DU222RB 60A 240VAC 2-Pole Unfused Safety Disconnect$89.00
- Midnite Solar Din Rail 120/240 Volt AC 2-Pole Breaker$34.00
- Heyco 3/4” 3-Hole Skinned Nylon NPT Strain Relief Cord Grip$3.52
- Magnum Energy MPLS175-30D Panel Single Enclosure$731.00
- Multi-Contact MC4 Array Output PV-Cable$9.00 – $99.00
- Wiley ACE-2P Pass-Through Box – 2 Strings$208.00