The Phocos CIS-N-10 charge controller is made to operate in negative grounded solar systems under extreme conditions. The controller’s power electronics are IP68 epoxy-encapsulated to prevent corrosion in any type of environment. The CIS-N models are industrial charge controllers ideal for applications like buoys, oil and gas industry, navigation lights, whether stations, street lights, etc.
Some of the standard features of the CIS-N controllers are 4-stage PMW battery charging, low voltage disconnect (LVD), automatic system voltage recognition 12/24V, flexible load timer function, temperature compensation, LED status display and infrared remote control programming.
To prevent any intrusion of corrosion to the charge controller, the unit has no moving parts, switches or buttons. All programming is done via the infrared programming remote control CIS-CU (sold separately). The remote control allow to change settings as battery type, deep discharge thresholds, load timers, etc. The solar panel, battery and loads are connected to the controllers via the build in lead wires rather than terminal eliminating possible damage from water, dust, corrosion or bugs.
Additionally to the load timer, the single load CIS version includes a dimming output function to control dimmable ballasted lamps.
– Phocos model: CIS-N-10-1.1
– Features: Single Load, Timer, Dimming Control
– System voltage: 12/24 Volt DC auto recognition
– Max. charge current: 10 Amp
– Float charge: 13.8/27.6 V (25 °C)
– Main charge: 14.4/28.8 V (25 °C), 30 min. (daily)
– Boost charge: 14.4/28.8 V (25 °C), 2 h
– Equalization: 14.8/29.6 V (25 °C), 2 Std. activation: battery voltage <12.1/24.2 V (at least every 30 days)
– Low voltage disconnect: 11 – 12 V / 22 – 24 V
– Max solar panel voltage: 55 Volts
– Grounding: Negative ground
– Operating temperature: −40 to +60 °C
– Battery type: lead acid (GEL, AGM, flooded)