The new HD-Wave SetApp line of inverters from SolarEdge utilize the same system architecture as the previous units, where a power optimizer is paired with each solar panel in the system to enhance production of every panel individually. The harmonized DC power in all the optimizers in the system is then sent to the inverter to be converted to AC, compatible with the electric grid.
The HD-Wave inverters utilize advanced distributed switching and DSP processing for a more efficient power conversion. The magnetic elements in the inverter have been significantly simplified, resulting in an extremely light weight unit (less than 25 lbs) that can be installed by one person. High efficiency (99% CEC efficiency) is achieved with less cooling, even in hot operating conditions, increasing energy production and the return of your investment.
SolarEdge systems allow for great flexibility in system design and string sizing. HD-Wave units permit up to 155% DC/AC oversizing and longer strings than most central inverters (up to 6000W pre string with the SE7600H unit).
All SolarEdge inverters are rapid shutdown compliant as per NEC, meaning there is no need for an external rapid shutdown device to comply with your local jurisdiction requirements.
Dimensions: 17.7 x 14.6 x 6.8 inches
Cooling by natural convection
Weight: 25.3 lbs (with safety switch)
Supported communications: RS485, Ethernet, ZigBee or Cellular
Environmental rating: NEMA 3R for indoor or outdoor use
Max AC power: 3000W
Max DC power: 4650W
Max AC power: 3800W
Max DC power: 5900W
Max AC power 5000W
Max DC power: 7750W
Max AC power 6000W
Max DC power: 9300W
Max AC power 7600W
Max DC power: 11800W
Using SolarEdge inverters and optimizers have multiple benefits, below is a list of a few:
– Easy internet communication, production data, panel level monitoring and system fault alerts.
– The optimizers equalize the DC power in the system, making the DC to AC conversion significantly more efficient
– The total system output can be increased up to 20%, as compared with central inverters
– Strings of different lengths do not affect the performance of the system at all
– Ideal for retrofits since modules of different sizes can be used in the same system
– Extreme flexibility with the system design, especially in shaded roofs
– Modules in the system can be installed with different orientations