We will be happy to help, from product availability and shipping to technical inquiries and bulk pricing, click the button below.
The Flexcharge PV14-12 14A Charge Controller for Photovoltaic Charging Systems is a cost effective shunting regulator designed for 12V Solar Only applications with a maximum solar charging current of 14A. The PV controller is extremely efficient, accurate, and small (3" x 4.75"). With its fully sealed electronics for 100% humidity operation it is ideal for use in a marine environment. Your can use it with Lead Acid flooded, AGM, or Gel battery technologies.
All shunting type regulators must use a blocking diode in the charging path to block the battery voltage when the controller is regulating. The heat sink on the PV14 is used to dissipate the heat generated by the components when the controller is shunting and the battery can no longer take any more charge.
The PV14 includes an easy to read Charge Indicator. The peak charge voltage is factory set so there are no user adjustments to contend with. System wire connections are made by connecting to the controllers wire pigtails either by soldering or via a terminal strip. The PV14 is designed for install and forget about it!
Features of the Flexcharge PV14-12 14A Charge Controller:
- 100% Waterproof electronics for mounting in a marine environment.
- Uses Super High Efficiency Solid State Surface Mount Components.
- Oversize heat sink to keep the internal components cool .
- Circuit is machine assembled in the USA to ISO 9000 standards.
- Internal Precision Voltage Reference for high accuracy voltage regulation.
- Charging Indicator.
- 14 amp charging capacity for small to intermediate size solar arrays.
- Expandable to handle 35A, 60A or 100A of charging current, and multiple charging sources. Expansion Kits
- 35A, 60A, or 100A Charge Divert option.
- Consumes less than 5mA while charging and only 2.6mA at night.
- Built in Isolation prevents nighttime back flow of electricity from your batteries to the solar panel(s).
- Charges a Zero Volt battery with full charge current. Most controllers will not charge a zero volt battery.
- Completely silent operation.
- UL listed encapsulation.