We will be happy to help, from product availability and shipping to technical inquiries and bulk pricing, click the button below.
S-5! designed the SolarFoot support to mount PV arrays on exposed fastener metal roofing such as AG-Panel or R-Panel. It is an ideal, weatherproof mounting platform for the L-foot of rail mounted solar systems. The SolarFoot provides excellent support for the L-Foot of most commercially available PV racking manufacturers.
The bottom surface of the SolarFoot comes with butyl co-polymeric sealant, creating a permanent water seal once it is pressed on the roof surface. The butyl sealant comes in a walled reservoir, preventing over compression of the sealant. The stainless integrated stud and hex flange lock-nut secure the L-Foot into position. All perforations are distributed with a low center of gravity that reduces the moment arm commonly associated with L-Foot attachments.
The SolarFoot is placed in the flat of the roof metal panel, between the ribs. It must be mounted directly over and into the supporting structure of the roof, for example wood decking, wood or steel purlins, or trusses; never install into the metal roofing material alone.
Roof fasteners are not included with the SolarFoot. The selection will depend on the supporting structure under the roof:
- For wood sub-structures use 1/4-14 Type 17 AB Milled Point screws, size 1-1/2” to 2-1/2”.
- For metal structures use 1/4-14 Self Drilling screws size 1-1/2” to 2-1/2”
Main specifications of the SolarFoot:
- Made in the U.S.A. in a ISO 9001:2015 certified factory
- All aluminum and stainless components
- 25-year limited warranty
- Compatible with all commercial L-Foot products on the market
- Factory applied 40-year isobutylene/isoprene crosslink polymer sealant for reliable weather tightness
- Sealant applied in walled reservoir to prevent over-compression
- Load tested normal to seam
- Four points of attachment into structure or deck with tested holding compliant with NDS (National Design Specifications)
- Integrated with M8-1.25x17mm stud and M8-1.25 stainless steel hex flange nut included